The Residents: Fingerprince (77)
Snakefinger had joined The Residents for this album and his influence can be heard. With the cd release of "Fingerprince", The Residents were able to put all the material for their opera (Tourniquet of Roses) onto a single format, the way it was originally conceived. Previously, it had been divided between a double album, called "Fingerprince" and another called "Babyfinger" due to the length. This was a pivotal transitional album for The Residents and many of their later works were extended from "Tourniquet of Roses".
For anyone reading this that isn't very familiar with The Residents yet, the first thing you may realize is their material requires listening to more than once and more than one release. They are not like anything else you may have thought you knew about music or life. Once over that hump, the next stage seems to make listening to anything else dull in comparison. There's plenty of material to choose from due to the history of The Residents spanning over 30 years with over 60 + releases. Their website, http://residents.com/historical/index.html, has more explanations of the themes and lyrics found in their music. Ralph Records also announced they are re-releasing some material that's become hard to find.
"Six Things to a Cycle", which is a ballet. The plot outline was provided by The Residents reads: "Man, represented as a primitive humanoid, is consumed by his self-created environment only to be replaced by a new creature, still primitive, still faulty, but destined to rule the world just as poorly." -- Cryptic Corporation
You yesyesyes
Home Age Conversation
Godsong
March de la Winni
Bossy
Boo Who
Tourniquet of Roses
Death in Barstow
Melon Collie Lassie
Flight of the Bumble Roach
Walter Westinghouse
Six Things to a Cycle parts 1-6
You yesyesyes Again





4 comments :
Hi there Idle Minds!
Thank you so much for the post!
I would never have expected such a fast reply.
I think there are a lot of fans out there. Maybe they are too shy ;-)
I don't know.
Keep on your good work!
I didn't know what I was posting next + it's hard to find and buy now + important to their direction. Made it easy for me. Good choice. Thx.
Thank you very much, great share, go for Residents.Is it possible to upload the files in FLAC/lossless ??
mysuelle
I didn't rip these files. I'd have to convert them the same as you and that'd be pointless. Sorry.
Post a Comment