KAK: KAK-OLA (69)
This is another one album band from San Francisco in the 60's. It was formed by ex-members of Oxford Circle (Gary Yoder and Dehner Patten) and Joe Damrell, who later joined Blue Cheer. The album wasn't promoted much as the band broke up shortly after the release, per AMG. I don't really know that much about who was what where or when. All that really matters is "do they sound good and would I want to listen to them today?"
Even though KAK does have a sound reflective of bands like Moby Grape, Quicksilver, etc. yet they seem to escape being another trip down memory lane using a good bluesy-jazzy rock style, with lyrics and vocals that could have been written today.
Besides, few people had heard of KAK in the 60's. This album's popularity came later with a cd reissue in 1999. The reissue included bonus material that didn't appear on the original lp and was well done.
KAK: KAK-OLA (69)
Hco 97658
Everything's Changing
Electric Sailor
Disbelievin'
I've Got Time
Flowing By
Bryte n' Clear Day
Trieulogy
Lemonaide Kid
Rain (single version)
Everything's Changing (acoustic)
I've Got Time (Live)
Medley Bye, Bye & Easy Jack (Live)
Bryte n' Clear Day (Live)
Medley Mirage & Rain (Live)
When Love Comes In (Live)
I Miss You (Live)
Lonely People Blues (Live)
Flight from the East
Good Time Music
Everything's Changing (acoustic)





1 comments :
What a superb album. Thanks for putting it up.
Post a Comment