The Pirates Gospel: Alela Diane
"Something about it is so haunting, yet so familiar and comforting at the same time. "Pirate's Gospel" (the song itself) has become one of my favorite songs of all time. "Pieces of String" makes my heart melt, I love the children singing. "Oh! My Mama" is so sweet. Alela Diane's songs remind me of the fall season, childhood, running through the woods, familiar voices, comforting blankets...." -- Amazon reviewer
I've been listening to this album a lot lately. I'm not sure why other than like the reviewer above said, "It's haunting". Several songs top my ipod list. Beyond that, the only thing I can add is that this isn't an album to miss.
1. Third Feet
3. The Pirate's Gospel
4. Foreign Tongue
5. Can You Blame the Sky?
6. Something Gone Awry
7. Pieces of String
8. Clickity Clack
9. Sister Self
10. Pigeon Song
11. Oh! My Mama
Pieces of String





2 comments :
Thanks for sharing such a beautiful record. I will have to buy her new one.
thankyou, looking forward to listening to this - steve.
Post a Comment