Bold As Love: Jimi Hendrix
Axis: Bold as Love was overshadowed by Hendrix's first and third release (Are You Experienced? and Electric Ladyland). While both of those albums were great - fantastic - incomparable with anything heard before or since - they showcased his guitar virtuosity. This album tends to showcase his songwriting ability and sensitivity, which are equally worthy (Little Wing), not as flashy, not as well known and underrated. I also choose the video for his lyrics since I couldn't find good footage of one of the songs in this album (and haven't checked my files yet).
This is also one of those reviews where I'm not sure who I'm writing for because it's inconceivable to me that anyone exists in the known universe who isn't familiar with every Jimi Hendrix album that exists (but then I used to sneak into high school dances to see him in the early 60's). So if you fall into that category, consider this album your music lesson: 101.
Enjoy!
01 EXP
02 Up From The Skies
03 Spanish Castle Magic
04 Wait Until Tomorrow
05 Ain't No Telling
06 Little Wing
07 If 6 Was 9
08 You Got Me Floatin'
09 Castles Made Of Sand
10 She's So Fine
11 One Rainy Wish
12 Little Miss Lover
13 Bold As Love
02 Up From The Skies
03 Spanish Castle Magic
04 Wait Until Tomorrow
05 Ain't No Telling
06 Little Wing
07 If 6 Was 9
08 You Got Me Floatin'
09 Castles Made Of Sand
10 She's So Fine
11 One Rainy Wish
12 Little Miss Lover
13 Bold As Love
67 Live in Germany





0 comments :
Post a Comment