Friday, October 31, 2008

Oingo Boingo

"Oingo Boingo began in 1977 as a movie soundtrack project for the film Forbidden Zone. The movie's producer, Richard Elfman, hired his younger brother Danny Elfman, Steve Bartek, and Johnny "Vatos" Hernandez to create appropriately off-beat music for the film. To keep occupied during the long movie production process, the group began playing clubs locally in the Los Angeles area under the name Mystic Knights Of The Oingo Boingo, but soon shortened the name to Oingo Boingo." -- from Wikipedia


You can hear an early version of The Mystic Knights of the Oingo Boingo playing at the Aquarius Theater here.

Danny Elfman has gone on to write numerous well known scores for Tim Burton, Pee Wee Herman, Simpson's Theme, Batman, Tales from the Crypt, Dilbert ...  

If you haven't seen the movie "Forbidden Zone" you  can watch it here.

UPDATE: Files for Skeletons in the Closet have been FIXED. 

Oingo Boingo: Skeletons in the Closet (Best of) 1989
Little Girls
Private Life
On the Outside
Nasty Habits
Grey Matter
Only a Lad
Wake Up (It's 1984)
Insects
Whole Day Off
Nothing to Fear (But Fear Itself)
Nothing Bad Ever Happens
What Do You Want to Be

Oingo Boingo: Boingo 1994
Insanity
Hey
Mary
Can't See (Useless)
Pedestrian Wolves
Lost Like This
Spider
War Again
I Am the Walrus
Tender Lumplings
Change
Helpless

Insanity from the 2006 Farewell Concert

3 comments :

  1. Anonymous said...

    As well as being a kickass movie, "Forbidden Zone" has an awesome soundtrack. And with good reason. Elfman's voice alone is enough to make ones heart melt. I can provide a link if anyone would like, but I would suggest seeing the film first.

  2. IMI said...
    This comment has been removed by the author.
  3. IMI said...

    Please do! That's one of the most original, creative and bizarre movie I've ever seen - meaning I loved it. I did a search and updated the original post to reflect a link to the movie. So there's no excuse.