Monday, October 20, 2008

Batmobile: Sex Starved

Batmobile is a Dutch psychobilly band that started in 1983 and is still touring with their original line-up. Their sound is more classic 50's rock sound, like Bill Haley, Elvis, etc. with twisted humor. They are one of those great finds from the internet - otherwise I probably never would have heard them (My Space). 


One thing I like about Batmobile is they use several vocalists which results in more variety than other bands in psychobilly (including sounding like an early Jimmy Page). I'll probably add more of them later.

"After the tenth album it's obvious that Batmobile has their own style, which they begin to call B-music. Like in a B-movie, B-music represents bad musicians, cheap humor, horror, naked women and the time of your life." -- review

Batmobile: Sex Starved 1991
Uranium Love
S.P.O.C.K.
King's Evil
Rock This Planet
Can't Stop This Rock
Roll On
Police At The Door
Haemorrhoid Rock
Sex Starved
In Orbit
The Living Have More Fun
Rockin' Rooster
Mean Ugly Mama
Give Me Some Pussy

Police at the Door

0 comments :