Big John Bates: Flamethrower
"Big John Bates is a first-rate guitarist who melds rock, jump blues and punk ..." I would add garage-rock, surf, psychobilly and burlesque to that description. Big John Bates is from Vancouver Canada and produced this debut album with $200 in 2001 (so the story goes). The Voodoo Dollz were already a burlesque act, performing in western Canada when they combined influences with Bates for the Dollz infamous "Kitten with a Whip" Burletta. It was a match and they've produced several albums and have gone on several tours together since then. I think this release is out of print already and it's definitely one I'd add for Halloween.
"Guitarist Big John and bassist sCare-oline took out the witches cauldron, threw an old Gretsch guitar with a dash of Devil sauce in it and conjured a record that takes you on a rock and roll graveyard tour of thunderous stand up bass slappin' rockers, demonic tiki-torch instrumentals, and reverbed carnival zombified merry-go-round two steppers." -- CD Baby
Flamethrower
Ding Dong Daddyland
Kitten with a Whip
Voodoo Bar-B-Q
Big Boom Bop
Rhyakte
Surfin with Spidey (Spiderman Theme)
Sicklebilly
Mailer Hitch
Tombstone Twist
Almost Like Your Here
I Got the Creeps
Devil Tail Sauce
Ravin Mad
Too Drunk to Fish (that's not what I hear)
(Untitled)





0 comments :
Post a Comment