Essential Music for Healing
This is a very balanced and enjoyable CD from Matthew Compton. It's more ambient and meditative than most of my preferences while successfully melding in a few natural sounds from the ocean. It's very peaceful and lyrical, with just enough jazziness that it doesn't sink into being repetitive. It's one of those albums that people who aren't usually into "new age" might find enjoyable for certain moods. I'd like to hear more from Compton.
And if any one is wondering, this is another exploratory phase of mine in reaction to several conversations with friends that said they "needed" more relaxing music. As a result I discovered there may be some truth to that "need". Music could be more than a personal preference, "like" or "enjoyment". I'm just taking this blog with me. But I'll be returning to my standard postings soon enough.
01 Ocean Healing02 Dance Reflection
03 Deep Blue
04 Sea Drift
05 Dream Traveller
06 Wings of Moonlight
07 Island of Peace
08 Dark Shore





0 comments :
Post a Comment