Didgeridoo
This is a very interesting mixture of sounds starting with a catchy pop-new age song called "Walking Tree", then a jazzy melody, followed by a tribal, aboriginal track and continues on with a native american vocal chorus. The whole album has a widely ethnic, exotic flair that's held together with the didgeridoo and compositions by the sound healer, Kailash Kokipelli. But there may be another reason why this album works.
Music is very powerful stuff. I know I feel it not in just my emotions, but in my bones too. That's also why I'm willing to entertain Kailash's theories (interview below). Just the idea of exaggerating and focusing music to harness it, like a tool, is intriguing. Most composers throughout time have been attempting to do something similar, only to a lesser extent or for different results. But whatever the intention was, I've found this album to be a good listen.
Sakrayaomi (Kailash Kokipelli): Didgeridoo Trance Formations
01 Walking Tree02 Sakrayaami
03 Nayano Way
04 Stone & Bone
05 Eagle Dreaming
06 Remember
07 Hey Ya Na
08 Kokopelli Dreaming
09 Dádjédýng
10 White Wolf
11 Thunderspirits
12 Frog Medicine
13 Honey Bear Dreaming
14 Love Is The Essence
15 Sakrayaamika
"Everything has a song"
Kailash Kokopelli Sound Healing Interview




0 comments :
Post a Comment