Tuxedomoon: Cabins in the Sky
Yup, I'm a big fan of Tuxedomoon. "Cabin in the Sky" doesn't disappoint either. They do have more of an electronic-experimental-jazz sound, but it's still Tuxedomoon and they haven't lost their intensity. They successfully updated for today. There's at least 5 songs I could pick out as popular single hits, but Baron Brown and Cagli are probably the most mainstream. Every song is listenable. This is from their my space page:
Tuxedomoon: Cabin in the Sky (04)
A Home Away
Baron Brown
Annuciatto
Diario Di Un Egoista
Fiori Fiorello
Cagli
Here Till X-Mas
Chinese Mike
Fioreilo Reprise
The Island
Misty Blue
Luther Blisset
Anunnciatto Redux (Tarwater Take)
Here's a fun clip from 1978, when they were still with Ralph Records. There's a few faces in the audience that look familiar, put I couldn't place them..





4 comments :
Yeah. Great post.
Looking for Blaine's "Night Air"
If you, or anyone, please.
Costas from Greece
Yeah, that would be a nice find. I'm curious to hear it.
One of the "familiar" faces in the audience is Debbie Harry, from Blondie.
"Night Air" can very easily be found and ordered throught the internet.
Just look up for the website of LTM Reordings.
Cheers,
Isabelle Corbisier
(author of Tuxedomoon's biography)
BINGO! Of course - that's Deborah Harry. Thanks for filling in the blank. I also got Night Air. I'll have to look up your book.
Post a Comment