Free and Legal Christmas Downloads (Updated again and again)
Here's a few give-a-way's that are good (I'll keep updating this post, so keep checking):
Romantic Air Recording has released a great sampler of originals, Christmas Party: Computer Perfection and Friends. I love it. Try it.
Black Christmas; a sampler put out by Bizarre magazine. This is a compilation that I'd be proud of. Totally original songs with some punk, ska, new wave, rock and a few that narrowly missed Halloween. Ever have a frightening Christmas? This is a must-have.
Fight poverty with a FREE download of Christmas Standards. Sponsored by NYC Food Bank and Peter Buffett. Each download results in a donation to the food bank. A great idea.
Paul McClelland and Susan Griffin have posted their album, A Griffin-McClelland Christmas 2008. This also leans towards the traditional Christmas mix.
Hark! The Filthy Angels Sing is a compilation album offered by the independent label Filthy Angels (Long Blondes).
A Parenthetical Girls Family Christmas has been posted to Parenthetical Girls website.
The White Christmas Album is the result of Stephen Colbert calling for a mash-up of the Beatles White Album and traditional Christmas Songs when his shopping trip at Walmart was disturbed by the music they played. Bongo Bells blog has done just that, in the same order as the original white album and added artwork. The result is a package worthy of (cheap) gift-giving to the internet deprived.
Merry Mixmas is a mash-up series that DJ Riko has produced yearly from 2002-2008 of Christmas songs and rock favorites.
I knew it had to happen someday. This is for the really, really bored at Christmas set. It's a mash-up of video game music and Christmas traditionals. Ready? It's 8 Bit Jesus (and it's seriously very good).
I don't know if this fully fits within the legal category, but an interesting compilation is a podcast presented by The Duece Project called World Domination Holiday Special '08 for all the vintage sci-fi fans.
enjoy!





5 comments :
You can shove all of this christmas music up your ass. Consider yourself un-bookmarked.
Well, I hate to be the one to bust your fantasy but I'm not doin' this for fame or fortune.
If I were, I'd be trying to figure out how to extend the posts because I've gotten the highest number of downloads from the Christmas tracks than from any others. That really is a quandary.
Hmmm...somebody needs a little Christmas hug!
LOL! I got the feeling being unbookmarked was a good thing.
Post a Comment