Herman Apple Stereo Percussion De Noel
Last year I discovered this little gem. It's '50-60's space-age jazz - bongos and all. The vocals are "doo-do-doo" or "cha-cha" once in awhile and opens with a "hey!" (nothing else). So it's different, fun, cheerful and a very short album. I'm guessing under 30 minutes. I prefer Herman Apple over Esquivel's Christmas album. I'm undecided about Ferrante & Teicher.
Herman Apple must've been a french Canadian bandleader since the disc was in french and english. I haven't found any more information or seen another album done by him.
02 Promenade En Traîneau (Sleigh Ride)
03 Quand Il Neige Sur Mon Pays (Let it Snow)
04 J'ai Vu Maman Embrasser Le Père Noel (Mommy Kissing Santa)
05 Petit Papa Noel
06 Greensleeves
07 C'est Noel Rock (Jingle Bell Rock)
08 Le Père Noel S'en Vient (Santa's Coming to Town)
09 Le P'tit Renne Au Nez Rouge (Rudolph Red-Nosed Reindeer)
10 Noel Blanc (White Christmas)
11 Le Bonhomme De Neige (Frosty)
12 Auld Lang Syne
12 Auld Lang Syne





1 comments :
thanks for this - I love obscure one-of-a-kinds
torch1971
Post a Comment