Blackmore's Night: Winter Carols
Blackmore's Night is not my first choice but they produce enough original, stand-out songs to include them. Their music provides a welcome break and I include them in a lot of my compilations because there is no one else like them. I also respect their integrity for "doing their thing" musically despite whether critics were capable of appreciating them or not.
01 - Hark The Herald Angels Sing-Come All Ye Faithful
02 - I Saw Three Ships
03 - Winter (Basse Dance)
04 - Ding Dong Merrily On High
05 - Ma-O-Tzur
06 - Good King Wenceslas
07 - Lord Of The Dance / Simple Gifts
08 - We Three Kings
09 - Wish You Were Here
10 - Emmanuel
11 - Christmas Eve
12 - We Wish You A Merry Christmas
02 - I Saw Three Ships
03 - Winter (Basse Dance)
04 - Ding Dong Merrily On High
05 - Ma-O-Tzur
06 - Good King Wenceslas
07 - Lord Of The Dance / Simple Gifts
08 - We Three Kings
09 - Wish You Were Here
10 - Emmanuel
11 - Christmas Eve
12 - We Wish You A Merry Christmas
Christmas Eve





2 comments :
i'm not a big fan of christmas in the traditional sense of it, but i do like blackmore's night - maybe listening to this will remove some of the "humbug" from my psyche!!!
thanks
steve.
This turned out to be my WAR on Christmas music because I hate it. I did not originally intend to turn this into a Christmas fest, but I can't find my ONE and only cd music I do like (it doesn't sound like the typical at all) and while trying to find it, I ran into more non-traditional music.
That sorta fired me up. All this Bing and rat-pack tunes from loudspeakers and radios is so-so-so unnecessary. It's torture. I pity the poor store clerks, it's enough to turn anyone into being a Scrooge (like me).
"Bummed Out" Christmas tunes was the highest download from here. I must not be alone.
Post a Comment