Monday, November 10, 2008

More from Pete "Mad Daddy" Myers

This is a recording of the last radio show from Pete "Mad Daddy" Myers on WHK. I've also included a broadcast I had from June 15, 1959 (so the title said) since there was some interest in the previous Mad Daddy post. I can't help but wonder what radio would have been like if DJ's had been allowed to continue with their own programming and playlists?


"The radio business was changing dramatically from what it had been in Myers' early days. By the autumn of 1968, program directors were controlling every disc jockey's music and routines, leaving little freedom."

Last Broadcast for WHK
Broadcast from 15 June, 1959

1 comments :

  1. Anonymous said...

    I found your blog a few days ago, it's incredible keep it up. This mad daddy guy in particular is fascinating. But yeah, keep it up!