Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Purple Onion

Speaking of food (or not), Les Claypool is one of those suspected of wearing an eyeball from time to time.  My opinion? I'd say that was highly likely. 


01 Purple Onion.mp3
02 David Makalaster.mp3
03 Buzzards Of Green Hill.mp3
04 Long In The Tooth.mp3
05 Whamola.mp3
06 Ding Dang.mp3
07 Barrington Hall.mp3
08 D's Diner.mp3
09 Lights In The Sky.mp3
10 Up On The Roof.mp3
11 David Makalaster II.mp3
12 Cosmic Highway.mp3

Red State Girl

4 comments :

  1. Anonymous said...

    Funny, I thoughtI was alne in thinking Claypool had Residential tendencies. Laurie Anderson would be another possible suspect. At any rate, great blog and great shares!

  2. IMI said...

    I think the seed was planted when Primus did cover songs from The Residents. The video I was looking for shows props almost right out of Buckaroo Blues show.

  3. Anonymous said...

    Primus covers the Residents? Where have I been? Thanks for the info.

  4. IMI said...

    You'll find Primus on the Eyesore album already posted. Some time ago I read some a comment saying there had been up to 50 "guest" Residents. I think Penn Jillette, Fred Firth and Eric Fieldman are definite's. There's a good possibility anyone involved with Ralph is also. I'm no expert on this stuff. The Residents definitely changed styles and their music ability varied over the years.

    I remember some people taking apart albums claiming they heard Mick Jagger there. Ringo and Harrison were strong guesses at different times too. It's possible some contributions were just compositional too.

    Guessing adds a new dimension to hearing them again.