Potatoes and Goobers
Here's another Ralph Records sampler; Potatoes, A Collection of Folk Songs posted on WMFU. The line-up includes The Residents (of course), Renaldo and the Loaf, Half Japanese, Snakefinger, Negativland, Bongwater, and others. It's also out of print. One of the comments left on WMFU mention's Graham Kerr's cooking tips. I'm listening to this for the first time too.
",,, another crazy comp. not really kids music. can be creepy and experimental. if you like "key of z", you'll love this" -- Amazon reviewerAnd if you missed the reference on WMFU, they also have another Ralph Records posted called, Goobers, A Collection of Kids Songs. The Residents are missing on this one. But in their place are Half Japanese, Tiny Tim (!), Daniel Johnston, Penn Jillette, Space Negros, Eric Feldman and quite a few others. I doubt if this CD was played during the average kindergarten. What a nice find (thanks to Lucky for pointing me in the right direction).
Anyone waiting for Beets to show up next?





3 comments :
Thanks for the hint about "Goobers", haven't seen it at WFMU, looks great!
What about "Beets"? I'm almost sure I've seen that not long ago, but can't find it right now. In case there's interest, the CD sits right on my lap.
Wonderful Ralph-comp-row you're into right now!!
Yes, Beets would complete this set. I'd say there's interest.
Beets - A Collection of Jazz Songs (T.E.C. Tones/Ralph Records, 1990)
@ Lucky Psychic Hut
Post a Comment