On Your Knees, Earthling (67-01)
I was making up a playlist and ran across this album again. I can't pick out my favorites since it's all great. Trust me. There are few albums that rise to this level. The best I can describe the Deviants would be a cross between early twisted punk, lo-fi 60's garage and something yet undefined. Just listen to how "It's Alright, Ma" was transformed without changing a word and tell me what you'd call that. Mick Farren is still performing and creating music - the kind that's worth buying.
"Musically, Farren described their sound as "teeth-grinding, psychedelic rock" somewhere between the Stooges and The Mothers of Invention. The Deviants have been described as a transition between classic British psych and the Punk/Heavy Metal aesthetic of the 1970s." -- Wikipedia
My apologies for being slow on posting this month. I've got new responsibilites at work, plus moving files over to MediaFire (goodbye Rapidshare) and some hardware changes like a new 1tb hard drive (YEAH!). Be patient.
The Deviants: On Your Knees, Earthling 67-01
01 People's Suite (1969)
02 You Got To Hold On (1968)
03 Trouble Coming Every Day (1978)
04 Carnivorous Circus (1970)
05 It's Alright, Ma
06 It's All In The Picture
07 God's Worst Nightmare (1996)
08 Last Man (1968)
09 Deviation Street (1967)
10 Jamie_s Song (1968)
11 Play With Fire (1976)
12 Arts Of Darkness (1996)
13 I'm Coming Home (1967)
14 Envy (1995)
15 Lost Johnny (1976)
16 See That My Grave Is Kept Clean (2001)
17 When The World Was Young (1995)
18 That's When The Trouble Started (Radio Broadcast)





0 comments :
Post a Comment