Saturday, March 14, 2009

Gaelic Ska & Irish Punk Drinking Songs

This is a great out of print album for St. Paddy's day from Gaz Mayhall's band (son of John Mayhall). I found it listed as "Afro-Celtic". Hmmm. I doubt a lot of bands mix Irish folk and punk with reggae music. "Yehaw!" (And that too). The Trojans music is fun, unique and (IMHO) make it impossible to sit in a chair like a stone for very long. 


01  Gaelic Ska
02  Gaelic Dub
03  Maggie meets Skagill
03  Rainbow Warrior
05  Skalalitude
06  Anam Mana
07  Leabin Pharaig
08  Arna-Fari (Scotland the Brave)
09  Brave Bells
10  Autographing Cheques
11  Cheque the Version
12  Itchy feet
13  Aulde Lang Syne

Gaelic Ska


There's a nice live download at the blog Tone and Wave of the Trojan's.

One thing I firmly believe in is celebrating. I couldn't leave town without adding one more post. There's so much good Irish music around, I could easily keep posting it for a month. I was a little disappointed this album only picked four (great) bands. But this makes a classic album and it's late - er, early now. So no more reviews. Just enjoy!

01  Drunken Lazy Bastard / The Mahones
02  Drunk Tonight / The Bloody Irish Boys
03  The Night Pat Murphy Died / Great Big Sea
04  Finnegans Wake / Dropkick Murphys
06  May the Living be Dead (In Our Wake) / Flogging Molly
07  A Drunken Night in Dublin / The Mahones
08  Enniscorthy in a Bottle / The Bloody Irish Boys
09  Lukey / Great Big Sea
10  Bar Room Hero / Dropkick Murphys
11  Fairytale of New York / The Pogues
12  Drunken Lullabies / Flogging Molly
13  Paint this Town Red / The Mahones
14  Streams of Whiskey / The Irish Boys
15  Home for a Rest / Great Big Sea
16  Dirty Glass / Dropkick Murphys
17  Whiskey You're the Devil / The Pogues
18  Seven Deadly Sins / Flogging Molly

If I Ever Leave This World Alive by Flogging Molly

0 comments :