Zoogz Rift: Murdering Hell's Happy Cretins (88)
"It took us months to learn how to play out-of-sync like that." - - Zoogz
Where have I been? For some reason I've missed hearing Zoogz Rift until recently, although he's been around for as long as Captain Beefheart and Frank Zappa. His music is considered avant garde or experimental, falling into mixtures of ska, jazz, dada (if that exists), or it seems like whatever strikes him at the moment. Existing categories aren't adequate and the early recordings I've heard, sound uneven. But Murdering Hell's Happy Cretins is solid, with every track compelling and my favorite so far. You can preview some Zoogz Rift music on his My Space page. I found few reviews of Zoogz Rift in comparison to the length of his career, and none that seem to describe his sound well enough to quote. That's why I don't have many details to offer. It's not just me that's overlooked him. Instead, I'm hoping someone drops by here that can fill in more details or point to more shares. Until then, enjoy and let me know what you think.
Story of a Soldier
Alienation
Mongoloid Middle America
Heart Attack
With the Necessary Changes Having Been Made
Look at the Fool
Sleazeball
When My Ship Rolls In
Puke Island Paradise
Murdering Hell's Happy Cretins
Tender Romance Sequence
One of Us!
A Equals A





0 comments :
Post a Comment