Timbuk 3
There's a downside from having a big hit on a debut album and that is everything else gets overshadowed. That's what seemed to have happened with Timbuk 3. Many people are familiar with their hit "My future's So Bright I Gotta Wear Shades" and that's it. The rest of their work remains in obscurity. I've always been amazed that every album didn't produce several hits, starting with this one. Every song is a winner. They are most known for engaging, clever lyrics. None of their albums are in print anymore.
The Future's So Bright, I Gotta Wear Shades
Life is Hard
Hairstyles and Attitudes
Facts About Cats
I Need You
Just Another Movie
Friction
Cheap Black and White
Shame On You
I Love You in the Strangest Way

God Made an Angel
Sunshine
2 Medicines
The Border Crossing
Big Shot in the Dark
Mudflap Girl
Dis'land was Made for You and Me
Wake Up Little Darling
'49 Plymouth
The Little Things
Sunshine is Dangerous
A Hundred Lovers
Just Wanna Funk With Your Mind
Legalize Our Love
Cynical
Not Yet Gone
Prey
Shotgun Wedding
Kitchen Fire
Inside Out
Born to be Wild
Looks Like Dark to Me
Life is Hard







2 comments :
Many thanks for the Timbuk 3! I agree with you, it's all good. Consequently, I uploaded one from my collection for you to enjoy and to share.
You will find Eden Alley from 1988 at:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=L78P3JEJ
[high quality, VBR]
I bought this CD twenty years ago when I heard the tune "Sample The Dog."
Again, thanks for taking the time to share the good vibe.
~ Paco
Thanks for the addition!
Yes, "Sample the Dog" is legendary.
Have you heard any of their solo work?
Post a Comment