Baron von Tollbooth & The Chrome Nun
"Nobody needs to baptize me
Anytime I laugh I got religion
Cross my forehead cross my knees
I'll take any good sign I'm a clay pigeon."
"Nobody needs to baptize me
Anytime I laugh I got religion
And I fall down on my knees to you
I fall down flat on my face"
"Baron von Tollbooth and the Chrome Nun (the pet names bestowed upon Slick and Kantner by their friend David Crosby) is a very mature well produced yet a daring album that continues the Kantner space theme. Sharing the bill with Kantner and Slick is old folkie friend David Freiberg. They are joined by a group that reads like a who's who of the San Francisco psychedelic scene: drummers John Barbata (formerly of CSN&Y) and Mickey Hart (loaned out from the Grateful Dead), Jorma Kaukonen, legendary bassist Jack Casady, Violinist Papa John Creech, the Pointer Sisters, David Crosby, Jack Traylor (a fellow psychedelic space rocker) and even Jerry Garcia himself. The entire album has a polished sound that has somewhat mystical theme layered on top of Kantner's visions of life in space." -- Amazon ReviewerThis is one of the best albums made by any variation of Jefferson Airplane.
01 Ballad Of The Chrome Nun
02 Fat
03 Flowers Of The Night
04 Walkin'
05 Your Mind Has Left Your Body
06 Across The Board
07 Harp Tree Lament
08 White Boy (Transcaucasion Airmachine Blues)
09 Fishman
10 Sketches Of China
2007 Reunion Tour





1 comments :
thanks - steve.
Post a Comment