Thursday, July 23, 2009

One Man Band: Bob Log III

"Bob Log III is an American, Slide Guitar, One Man Band. During performances, he plays old silvertone archtop guitars, wears a full body cannonball man suit, and a helmet wired to a telephone which allows him to devote his hands and feet to guitar and drums. The spectacle has been described as a guitar dance party."  -- Wikipedia


When I went to look up more on Bob Log III, I was surprised how much attention he's gotten lately. However just watching some videos of his performances (like Boob Scotch and Shit on My Leg), his live shows probably help. He says he wears the helmet for protection from the crowds. Log's one man act began when his percussionist abruptly quit on him mid-tour and he went on anyway. I don't think there's another person or band comparable. Enjoy!

01  Log Bomb
02  One Man Band Boom
03  Boob Scotch
04  Wigglin' Room
05  Make You Say Wow!
06  Bubble Strut
07  String Pole
08  Wag Your Tail Like a Dog in Back of a Truck
09  Drunk Stripper
10  F-hole Parade
11  Put That There
12 Rattler
13 Slide Guitar Ride Junior

1 comments :

  1. Anonymous said...

    Hi!

    Just found you blog looking for some Tuxedomoon recs I didn't have yet. Thank you very much!

    Cheers from Brazil

    Mari