Monday, August 25, 2008

The Diablo Swing Orchestra

My mood today has been The Diablo Swing Orchestra's "Butcher's Ballroom" and I thought I'd add since I haven't posted any operatic-metal avant-garde rock band yet. Oh, and add a little retro swing, jazz, and classical thrown in once in awhile too. Basically every track on the album is a surprise. The song, 'Rag Doll Physics' has moments that might have been lifted from the 70's classic, 'Beautiful Day' and another like the Star War's band playing in the bar (I can't remember which movie, just the scene because of the band). But I'm not alone. The Diablo Swing Orchestra has been posted to a lot of blogs lately. So I'll  direct you to the links instead. 


If you haven't heard of Diablo Swing Orchestra before, trust me, they are good. They are a Swedish band that formed in 2003 and "Butcher's Ballroom" was their debut in 2006. Now when I say 'operatic', I don't mean just by training. They aren't another Epica or Within Temptation. She really does sing opera to metal rock. It's a sound I never would have imagined -and that I'd like it as much as I do. You'll just have to listen for yourself (My Space). I think they'll have a new release out soon. 

You'll find posts are at Articland (rs), RockStar (depositfiles), We March in Line (mediafire). I only checked to make sure the files were still there. 

Diablo Swing Orchestra's "Balrog Boogie"

0 comments :