Sunday, February 5, 2012

Review: Rapidshare or MediaFire

This is a fast review. I had been using MediaFire for awhile now and for one or two files they seemed fine. Well this past week I've been trying to back them up on a home drive and .... 1st it was useless without paying the $9 PRO fee. Nothing would complete. Then with the PRO account, almost 1/3 have a problem or were impossible to download. I'm going to have to contact them about getting a physical cd for those files.

I still had some files at Rapidshare (also a paid account) and what a dream come true! All files were there, safe, not corrupted and speeds are so much FASTER. Say what you will about Rapidshare but their service is dependable, reliable and fast.

I really regret changing to MediaFire. I've lost some obscure vinyl and VHS rips that I doubt I'll ever find again. These weren't published links so there was no reason for them missing. Aggravating and a waste of time.

So there you have it.

2 comments :

  1. Dan said...

    Yes, Rapidshare had some problem a couple of years ago; but since then, and still today, it is perfect for us (have a paid account)

  2. luis said...

    for me at moment the best way to upload and download is Zippyshare.
    is fast and permit to download concurrently also for free users