For What It's Worth ...
Sometimes a particular song sticks in my head - usually related to some recent event like the manufactured debt ceiling "crisis" and the no-compromise deal reached.
However the way a vocalist or band can take a classic song, like the Stephen Stills song, "For What It's Worth" and make it their own never ceases to amaze me. This song seemed particularly varied and timely to me. I think one thing it highlights is the large disconnection between the average person and the deals made in Congress. The wealthy minority rules.
Of course this playlist is not exhaustive since there are 1000's of versions of this song. It's just the best and the widest variations I'm aware of to be interesting. I hope you enjoy it, no matter what you think of the bad debt ceiling deal.
BTW: I have gotten several DCMA complaints from dead musicians over their out-of-print albums. Most links should still be active but I've questioned continuing the blog. And life has been busy.
1. Afrika Bambaataa And The Soulsonic...
2. Aynsley Dunbar
3. Berlin
4. Buffalo Springfield
5. Cher
6. Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young
7. Crystal Bowersox
8. Girl In A Coma
9. Klone Orchestra
10. Link 80
11. The Litter
12. Lucinda Williams
13. The Magnets
14. Mavis Staples
15. New York Public Library
16. Ozzy Osbourne
17. Paul Brown
18. Queensryche
19. Rhythms Del Mundo feat. OneRepublic...
20. Rush
21. Sir Ivan
22. The Staple Singers
23. Techs & The Roadies
24. Willie Nelson
Here's a version I missed ...





0 comments :
Post a Comment